BirthNet is sponsoring the first year of the Bulb Labyrinth Memorial Garden at the Ithaca Children’s Garden! The garden has raised $28,000 and they need another $2000 to launch the project. They are so close to their goal! Let’s help them make the final push to get this incredible project off the ground.
The Bulb Labyrinth Memorial Garden is a partnership between the Ithaca Perinatal Loss Support Group and the Ithaca Children’s Garden. The garden will serve many functions. It will be a place
- for grieving families to remember the baby or child they lost
- for families and friends to recognize the loss their loved ones have experienced
- for children to play and remind us of the laughter and joy in living
- for parents to acknowledge and honor their role as parents of their child (no matter how brief)
- for people to experience the beauty of the bulbs and the sculptures donated by local artists
- for all of us to have a meditative path to travel in the garden
- for the community to become educated about perinatal/childhood loss, an often silent experience
- for us to celebrate the community response to this project
- for volunteers to help care for the garden, an indirect way to help care for grieving families
And lastly, the Bulb Labyrinth Garden will become a permanent, iconic structure — a place to visit in the Finger Lakes Region.
BirthNet of the Finger Lakes is proud to help sponsor such a valuable and meaningful resource in Central New York. We need your help to meet our goal of raising $2,000 for the garden! In addition to your generous donation, please share this with your friends and family.